Cosmic Byte Warranty Claim Policy & Procedure
Cosmic Byte warrants to the original purchaser that your Cosmic Byte hardware product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the length of time as mentioned on the product package and/or at www.thecosmicbyte.com under specifications for your product listing page, from the date of invoice.
Warranty type will be Carry-in, which means the customer needs to carry the product to the nearest Cosmic Byte Authorised Service Center. If Service center is not available, Cosmic Byte will arrange pickup of the product from the customers address through third party courier providers. If courier service is not available, customer would be required to ship the product to the Cosmic Byte service address.
Cosmic Byte Authorised Service Centres (“CBASC”) help Cosmic Byte customers to get Warranty Support on Cosmic Byte Products sold in India by Cosmic Byte and its authorised retailers which are claimed to be defective while they are within Cosmic Byte’s warranty terms and conditions. Cosmic Byte only provides support for products in warranty and does not have repair centres. For any repair post warranty please contact our support at email@example.com for feasibility and availability of service.
- It is recommended to contact Cosmic Byte Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org as Customer Care will try to troubleshoot the issue.
Customer Care Number: 07969-273-222 (Adding “0” before the number is mandatory to dial)
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday: 10.00-18.00
Except for official National and Public holidays
Customer Care website: support.thecosmicbyte.com
Customer Care contact page: https://www.thecosmicbyte.com/contact-us/
- The CBASC will accept all claims for defective Cosmic Byte products received at the CBASC by:
The CBASC locations will only provide a Walk-in Support. It is not possible to send products or arrange advance replacements with a Cosmic Byte Authorised Service Centre location.
IF THERE IS NO SERVICE CENTER IN YOUR CITY
Please send us the below requirements for warranty/service claims for your Cosmic Byte product.
2.Images of the product showcasing all the angles
3.Video of the product highlighting the problem/issue
Please mail us these on email@example.com or raise a support ticket using our support link at support.thecosmicbyte.com
In order to receive support or assistance with warranty claims, the following will be requested and is required to provide to the CBASC location:
Proof of Purchase in the form of a GST Sales Invoice from an authorised Cosmic Byte Dealer or Reseller that shows a description of product, model name, Model Number, Product Serial Number along with its price. The Proof of Purchase will be used for warranty verification purposes.
- Consumer Personal details, such as name, address and contact information.
- The Cosmic Byte product with all original parts and accessories included. This includes keyboard and mouse combo products which must be both provided.
- In case of any details missing or warranty card itself being missing, the product shall not be covered under the warranty.
If your Cosmic Byte product is determined to be faulty and needs to be replaced, the following apply:
According to Cosmic Byte Limited Hardware Warranty Terms, the CBASC location will replace a defective product at its sole discretion with either a new product or with a refurbished product of an equivalent or better functionality.
- Obsolete or discontinued products that are defective and under warranty will be replaced with the same product, if available. Otherwise, it will be replaced with a product of equivalent or better functionality or Customer will be issued a Store Credit of the Invoice amount valid for 3 months to buy any other product from www.thecosmicbyte.com. Store Credit cannot be exchanged for cash. Ownership cannot be transferred to another person.
- If the warranty replacement product is not available at the CBASC location or Cosmic Byte you may be requested to return at a later time to collect the warranty replacement product. Should this be the case the CBASC location will provide detailed information when you will be able to collect the warranty replacement product.
- The warranty replacement product will be opened and demonstrated by the CBASC to ensure full functionality at the time of exchange.
- The product can also be directly shipped and delivered to the address of the customer given to the CBASC.
- A sign-out form in the form of a job sheet will be required to sign in order to release the warranty replacement product. The form confirms the replacement products full functionality and confirmation of receipt the warranty replacement product.
- A replacement product is warranted for the remainder of the original product’s warranty period.
- Any non-defective Product will be returned to the consumer by the CBASC with a Rejection Sheet.
- All consumer requests (i.e. accepted and rejected) are recorded by the CBASC in their CRM system.
If the CBASC determines that a product is defective and within the warranty period and the CBASC is not able to offer a suitable replacement product, the customer may be issued a Store Credit of the Invoice amount valid for 3 months to buy any other product from www.thecosmicbyte.com.
DOA support in India
1.In case of a product found to be functionally defective by the sales partner at time of sale to customer, Cosmic Byte will consider that product as Sales DOA.
2.Sales DOA should be submitted to Cosmic Byte Authorised Service Centre (CBASC) along with the Original Packaging and all Original Accessories within 7 days of product found to be DOA.
3.Original Purchase invoice of the product should be provided / submitted to CBASC along with the DOA Product.
4.Sales Partner should provide his Personal details, such as name, address and contact information to CBASC for call Login.
5.CBASC will log call into CRM & raise a ticket with Cosmic Byte
6.CBASC will issue new Product against the DOA to the sales partner. The product issued will be new & in original packaging. The Import Label of the product will be in name of CBASC Partner with all details including MRP.
7.CBASC will note the replacement product serial number from the Box & same will be recorded in CRM for any future reference.
8.In case of non-availability of the product, Cosmic Byte will process refund in name of sales partner based on his purchase invoice amount. For refund purpose, sales partner will be required to inform Cosmic Byte distributor, sales manager.
If a Cosmic Byte product is purchased by a Retail Consumer in India and is found to be DOA, the consumer should, within 7 days from date of purchase, either:
Visit closest Cosmic Byte Authorised Service Centre (CBASC).
- If the consumer is not located near a CBASC, the consumer should contact Cosmic Byte Customer Care by calling the toll-free number. An incident number will be provided by the Cosmic Byte Customer Care centre to the consumer, Cosmic Byte will arrange pickup of the product from the customers address and ship the replacement back to the customer after testing and verification of the product.
In the event you have any feedback, concerns or complaints in regard to our Cosmic Byte Authorized Service Centre, please feel free to contact Customer Care on our toll-free number 1800-31300-7700 or through the contact page found here: support.thecosmicbyte.com.
Limited Hardware Warranty Terms
The warranty on the products will cover parts, which in assessment of Cosmic Byte technical team, have become defective due to defect in material, manufacturing or workmanship.
During the period of warranty, Cosmic Byte shall free of charge, at its own discretion, either repair or replace any parts found defective within reasonable time, during normal Cosmic Byte working hours. While the company will make every effort to carry out the repairs at the earliest, however it is made expressly clear that the company is under no obligation to do so in specified period of time.
All transportation and handling expenses incurred while repairing will be payable by the customer if the area is not cervicable by a CBASC.
The company, or its Authorised Service Provider, reserves the right to retain any part/s or component/s replaced at its discretion in the event of a defect noticed in the equipment during the warranty period.
All defective parts removed from the equipment during the period of warranty shall become the property of Cosmic Byte, and Cosmic Byte authorised service engineer shall be entitled to remove and carry away such parts.
In the event of any repairs or replacements, standard warranty on the product will continue only for the remaining period of the original warranty.
The warranty is issued at Pune, and courts at Pune shall have exclusive jurisdiction over matters covered or flowing from this warranty.
The company’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or providing replacement of parts, which are found to be defective only. At any given point of time, the maximum value of claims, if entertained by the company, will be subject to the Invoice Value of the product purchased or the purchase price, whichever is lower.
Warranty Voids If:
1.Purchase invoice is not presented along with the product to the authorized service personnel or support team. Note: Invoice should be tax complaint and from authorised retailer and distributor only.
2.Any defect caused due to inappropriate usage like improper fitting / electric power spike damage / water / liquid damage / severe dust / rodents, insect damage / improper hygiene maintenance / Physical Damage etc. shall not be covered under the warranty. The improper use of the product shall be determined by the company’s authorized personnel only.
3.In case the user manual provided along with the product is not followed for usage of the product, the product shall not be covered under the warranty.
4.In case the product has been attempted to be repaired by any unauthorised personnel, other than Cosmic Byte service team, the warranty shall not be applicable.
5.Warranty is applicable only for one major product in the package and accessories will cover 6 months warranty including cables, USB ports etc.
6.The warranty is not valid in case the serial number is deleted, defaced or altered.
7.The warranty shall be applicable only against the manufacturing defects in the product.
8.Defects are caused by reasons beyond control, like abnormal voltage, acts of god or while in transit to service center or purchase’s residence.
9.The warranty automatically expires after defined warranty duration as mentioned on the product packaging from the original date of purchase, even if the product may not have been in use for any time for whatever reasons during the warranty period.
10.In case of audio/video devices: if any kind of incompatible software or unauthenticated software is installed without our consultation or authentication, warranty will not be valid in such cases.